Thursday, January 13, 2011

Parents Say the Darndest things


This is an article I found to be very reflective of my own situation. The more I research these kind of topics the more I'm seeing that it is a pretty common trend. Though I'm not sure if I'm suppose to feel hopeful or just depressed. On one hand my lack of being able to find a steady, full time, salary job isn't because I have no marketable skills or because I wasn't the top of my class, clearly there are others in the same situation and that it is indeed the result of a poor economy with little opportunities for even some of the most talented college graduates but it still just reaffirms the fact that I shouldn't plan on getting a career anytime soon. Living in a opportunity challenged area like Lewiston Maine where the only dependable jobs are retail and call centers doesn't make thing look any more hopeful either.  I'm not money driven but I do need money. There are some people out there who are content with a job they dislike because it allows them to sustain outside interests. But what if you despise your job so much that it makes you literally physically ill or causes panic attacks which in turn make you unable to perform that job that you so desperately need.  

This article certainly has sparked some contrasting thoughts in my own mind. I suggest you read it for yourselves  Here

No comments:

Post a Comment